I've been receiving requests for information on a rerun of BLITEOTW ... there's still two months to go until the day (13 June), so I'm testing an idea I had for registration this year.
I've set up a Frappr map (above) for people to post their location, and the name and URL of their blog. This might help people coordinate their local zombie apocalypses.
If this system seems to be falling down, I'll think of something else at minus one month.
Stay tuned for further news of the end of the world.
- Blog Like It's the End of the World (BLITEOTW) will take place on 13 June. That's local time wherever you are, the whole 24 hours.
- The idea is that your posting for that day is written as if a zombie uprising were taking place - around the world, and in your home town. That's pretty much it: there's no backstory. Forget that you did this last year, and write a fresh story for yourself.
- You blog about how it's affecting you, what you might witness, rumours or news that you hear, and so on.
- Because it's taking place worldwide almost simultaneously, it's a Romero-style zombiegeddon, where all the recently dead rise up, and are able to infect the living.
- If you'd like to participate, add yourself to the Frappr map above, or add a comment below, or here.
- On the day you can check technorati for posts tagged 'zombies' or bliteotw, or links to here to bluemoonrising.com. Oh, that reminds me: tag or label your blog posts 'zombies' or 'bliteotw' so people can find them. You might also try google blog search to find news.
- It's a collaborative event, so the more you comment on other people's posts, link to them from your blog, spread rumours and riff on ideas, the better!